- Principles of diffraction and whole pattern fitting using convolutions.
- Laboratory X-ray diffraction data, including intro to Rietveld refinement (using TOPAS GUI).
- Synchrotron X-ray diffraction data, including intro to indexing, anisotropic broadening, and structure solution.
- Neutron diffraction data, including absorption, co-refinement, validation, and the writing of user proposals.
- Pair distribution function analysis, including small-box models, size / length scale effects, and co-refinement with Bragg fits.
Lectures and Exercises